This page explains how to:
- Add questions to your survey.
- Preview, edit, move, copy and delete a question.
- Convert a question to a different question type.
To access the Survey builder, go to your Dashboard , locate your survey and click Design.
Adding questions to your survey
To add a new question:
- Decide where you want to place your question. Adding a question into a blue area of the survey builder will add a new, independent question. Adding a question within another question (inside the brown box surrounding an existing question) will create a sub-question. Sub-questions are useful for following up a question to gather additional information and can be set up to be optional or mandatory depending on the respondent’s first answer.
- Click Add item. This will bring up a list of items that you can add to your survey.
- Select the type of question that you want to insert. The question editor will open.
- Type in the question text and format it using the tool bar, if required.
- Add links, images or embedded media to the question text, if required.
- Depending on the question type, you will also be able to add answer options and advanced options below the question text.
- Click Add question.
Your question will appear inside a box on the main survey builder page. Here you can:
- Make changes to it by clicking on the Edit question icon.
- Move, copy or delete it by using the Question actions icon.
- Preview it by clicking on the Preview icon at the top of the page that the question appears on.
Converting a question
To convert a question into a different question type:
- Click on the Question actions icon next to the question
- Select Convert to… (choose the appropriate question type). You will only be offered conversions that are available for that question type.
- Multiple choice (single answer) to Multiple choice (multiple answers) or Selection list.
- Multiple choice (multiple answers) to Multiple choice (single answer) or Selection list.
- Selection list to Multiple choice (single answer) or Multiple choice (multiple answers).
- Single-line free text to Multi-line free text.
- Multi-line free text to Single-line free text.
- Scale/rank question to Grid question.