There are three ways to create a new survey:
- Create a new survey from scratch.
- Create a new survey by copying an existing survey.
- Create a new survey by importing a survey structure.
Creating a new survey from scratch
To create your new survey:
- Click + Create new at the top left of the Dashboard .
- Enter a name for your new survey (you can change it later).
- Click Create survey.
This will take you straight to the Survey Builder where you can start adding pages to your survey.
Creating a new survey by copying an existing survey
To copy a survey:
- On your Dashboard , find the survey that you want to copy.
- Click on the Copy survey icon. This is found at the far right of the Dashboard.
- Enter a new survey name (you can change it later).
- Click Copy survey.
The new draft survey will appear at the top of your survey list (make sure that you have selected the DRAFT tick box at the top right of the Dashboard ).
Note: Survey access control settings and survey permissions are not copied along with the survey. You may need to set these up again, if required.
Create a new survey by importing a survey structure
You can create a new survey by importing the structure of an existing BOS survey into your BOS account. This method is normally used where you need to transfer a survey from one BOS account to another. Survey structures created in other survey tools, or in applications such as Microsoft Word, cannot be imported into BOS. For further details, please see our tutorial on Exporting and importing a survey structure.