To restrict answers to dates and times, you can use the date and time question types. You can allow any date or time to be entered or set a date and/or time range for these questions, to restrict answers to dates or times within a given period.
Alternatively, there are a number of restrictions that can be applied to free text questions:
- You can limit the length of responses by setting a maximum number of characters that can be entered.
- You can restrict the type of answer that can be provided to one of the following options:
- Email address
- IP address
- Letters (case insensitive)
- Letters (upper case only)
- Letters (lower case only)
- Number (integer)
- Number (decimal)
- Number (with up to two decimal places)
- Number (integer or decimal)
- Phone number
- UK postcode
- Web address
- The four ‘Number’ options above also allow you to set upper and lower limits, e.g. to restrict answers to numbers between 0 and 10.