Yes, you can amend a live survey to correct an error or add information, as long as the survey structure remains the same.
You therefore cannot:
- Delete, move or copy any pages.
- Delete, move or copy any questions.
- Delete, move or copy any notes.
- Delete, move or copy any sections.
- Add new pages.
- Convert a question from one type to another.
- Delete multiple choice answer options.
- Delete selection list answer options.
- Add or edit multiple choice answer options within grid questions.
- Add or edit selection list answer options within grid questions.
- Add, remove or edit row items in grid questions.
- Delete question columns from grid questions.
- Add, remove or edit scale or rank values or row items in scale/rank questions.
If you need to do any of the above, go the Distribute page and:
- Close your survey
- Change its title and shortname (e.g. by adding “-error”).
- Create a copy of it, correct it and launch it under the original title and survey link.
You will end up with two sets of data which you can export and combine in an external application, such as Excel.
For more information on the changes you can make to an open survey, see Editing a launched survey.