A launched and open survey can be completed by anyone who knows the survey web address (public URL). You can restrict access to your survey with a password that your respondents have to enter before beginning the survey.
Note: This basic protection means all your respondents will use the same password. It does not prevent respondents from submitting multiple entries. To find out how to restrict survey access with individual user credentials, see our tutorial on controlling who can complete your survey.
To set up your survey password:
- On your Dashboard , locate your survey and click on Distribute.
- Click on Survey access control in the left-hand menu.
- Click on Set a survey password.
- Enter the password you have chosen for the survey and click Save. Respondents will be asked to enter this password when they click on your survey link.
To change or clear the password:
- Go to the Survey access control page and either:
- change the password, then click Save; or
- click on Clear password.
You can change or clear the password while the survey is open, and you can do this as many times as you like. If you change the password your respondents will no longer be able to use the original password to access the survey.