This page explains how to:
- Filter survey responses by date or question number.
- Filter responses by answers given.
- Save a combination of filters and settings.
Filtering responses by date or question number
On your survey’s Analyse page, all responses received so far are shown by default.
To only show responses from a specific date or date range:
- Select the required date or date range from the Filter by response date menu to the left of your responses summary. You can choose from:
- Last 7 days
- Custom range
- If you selected Custom range, enter an inclusive start and/or end date in the boxes that appear below the date filters in the format YYYY-MM-DD (e.g. 2015-01-26), then click Apply.
Click on No date filter to clear the date filters and show all submitted responses.
To only show responses to specific questions:
- In the Showing questions section, click on the numbered boxes to select questions you wish to exclude (white box) or include (blue box). You can also use the shortcuts underneath to select All or None of the questions.
- When you have made your selection, click Apply.
Filtering responses by answers given
You can also create custom filters to view only those responses which give (or do not give) a particular answer to one of your survey questions.
To set up your filter:
- Click +Add filter at the bottom of the menu on the left.
- Select one of your survey questions from the first drop-down menu.
- Select the conditional statement from the second drop-down menu (e.g. “Contains” or “Is not one of”).
- Select the relevant answer option(s) or enter the keyword(s) you wish to filter on below.
Note: If you enter more than one word, it will be treated as a phrase. If you want to filter on a combination of words rather than on a phrase, add further conditions (see below).
- If you wish to add more filter conditions, select Add row + and repeat steps 2–4.
- Select Save and Enable if you wish to use your filter straight away. Select Save if you are setting up a filter for later use.
Your filter will now appear in the left-hand menu on your Analyse page. Here you can:
- Enable or disable the filter using the tick-box alongside it.
- Edit or delete it by clicking on the filter name.
- Add another filter by clicking on +Add filter.
To disable all filters, click Clear all filters at the top of the list.
Saving a combination of filters and settings
To save a combination of filters and/or display settings for later use:
- Click the Save these settings button at the bottom of the left-hand menu to save your display options as a “view” for later use.
- Enter a name for your view in the the pop-up box.
- Click Save. Your view will be saved under the Views tab at the top of the responses list.
To switch to a previously saved view, click on its name.
Note: Saved views are visible to all users who hold full permissions on the survey.