This page explains how to:
- Browse indvidual survey responses.
- Exclude (and reinstate) a response.
Browsing individual survey responses
To view individual responses:
- Go to the Analyse tab of your survey. A summary of your survey’s responses will appear.
- Click on the Browse responses tab at the top of your list of responses.
- Use the navigation links to browse through the responses, or jump to a particular response by entering its number in the text box and clicking Go.
Excluding a response
You may wish to exclude responses that are not suitable for analysis, for example, frivolous responses or duplicates. Excluded responses can be reinstated, if necessary. Note: Using this method will exclude the response from all data views, including those of other users. You will be asked to give a reason for the exclusion, which can be seen by other users with access to the survey. If you only wish to hide a response from your own views, use a filter to remove it.
To exclude a response:
- Go to the response you wish to exclude, either by:
- using the Browse responses tab to go through your responses one by one.
- finding an answer the respondent has given in your list of responses and clicking on the response ID next to it.
- Click the Exclude this response button at the end of the response. A pop-up window will open.
- Enter a reason for the exclusion and click Exclude response.
The excluded response will now be hidden from all views.
To reinstate an excluded response:
- Click the link in the header bar that gives the number of excluded responses. A page will open listing all excluded responses with their response ID, completion date and reason for exclusion.
- Click the response ID to display the excluded response.
- Click the Reinstate response button.