Survey redirects allow you to redirect your respondents to another website (e.g. a website that provides information about your survey) if they click on your survey URL before the survey is open or after the survey has closed.
You can set up two redirects:
- An Early response redirect for participants who click on your survey URL before the survey has opened.
- A Late response redirect for participants who click on your survey URL after the survey has closed.
To set up survey redirects:
- Click on Distribute, then Distribution settings.
- Click on Survey redirects to expand the section.
- Enter the URL(s) that you want to redirect your participants to if they come to your survey early or late. You must include the http:// or https:// at the beginning of the URL.
- Click Save.
If your respondents click on your survey URL before the survey has opened or after it has closed, they will be taken straight to the alternative website(s) that you have provided. They will not see a message explaining why they have been redirected, so it may be advisable to ensure that this information is provided on the alternative website(s).
If you wish to display a message that explains to your respondents that the survey is not yet open or has closed, you can do this in the Survey messages section of your survey’s Distribution settings. Survey redirects override survey messages, so you must clear any redirects if you want to display messages instead of sending your respondents to an alternative website.