There are four options for the status of an online survey:
- – Draft surveys have not yet been launched.
- – Scheduled surveys have been launched but the opening date is in the future.
- – Open surveys have been launched, the opening date has passed but the closing date is in the future.
- – Closed surveys have been launched but the opening and closing dates are both in the past.
A survey remains in draft status until it has been launched. Within online surveys, a survey is “launched” as soon as you click on the ‘Launch survey’ button on the survey’s Distribute page.
Once a survey has been launched, it will convert to scheduled, open or closed status depending on the survey’s opening and closing dates. Additionally, launching the survey will disable some of the editing functionality.
It is not possible to un-launch a survey. Once a survey has been launched you cannot return it to draft status. Should you need to make changes to a launched survey, please see our Help article on editing a launched survey for more information.
You can change your survey’s opening and closing dates at any time. This means that once your survey has been launched you can change its status to scheduled, open or closed whenever you like and as many times as you like.
To change your survey’s opening and closing dates:
- Click on Distribute, then Distribution settings.
- Change the Opening date and the Closing date to the required dates.
- Click Save.