Cross tabulation allows you to look at the relationship between variables in your survey responses. For example, you can compare answers by gender, age group, region or departments, or find correlations between responses given to a combination of questions.
You can cross tabulate one question against another question or one question against all the questions within the survey. Cross tabulation cannot be used on free text questions.
You can combine cross tabulation with filtering for more advanced analysis.
To cross tabulate your responses:
- On your survey’s Analyse page, click on the Advanced tab and select Cross tabulate from the menu.
- In the first drop-down menu, select the question you want to cross tabulate the responses on. The answer options for this question will appear in the column headings.
- In the second drop-down menu, select which question you want to include in the rows of the table, or select ‘All questions’ to cross tabulate against the entire survey (excluding free text questions).
- In the third drop-down menu, select whether you want the responses to be displayed as:
- Raw values (i.e. the number of responses given for each answer option)
- Percentage of all responses
- Percentage of column
- Percentage of row
- Click Next.
You will now see your selected questions arranged in a table.
If you want to save your cross tabulation for later use, click the Save these settings button at the bottom of the left-hand menu. It will be saved under the Views tab at the top of the responses list.
To remove the cross tabulation and return to your response summary, click Remove advanced reporting at the top of your Analyse page.